Welcome back to another Soul Driven interview! This week, meet Davis Carr, a consulting astrologer and tarot reader based in unceded Algonquin territory (Ottawa, Canada). She uses astrology to help fellow creative, burnt-out, over-achieving humans better understand who they are, so they can stop fighting themselves and their strengths. Her tarot readings provide the clarity and guidance her clients need to move forward, make important decisions, or simply get some reassurance that they are on the right path. Davis is the author and co-creator of the Hollow Valley Tarot, launching on Kickstarter TODAY, October 20, 2021.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Carr’s non-religious background
- Carr’s definition of tarot and its lineage
- What is Hellenistic Astrology?
- Davis’s explains her approach to Tarot
- Practical benefits of Tarot
- Launching The Hollow Valley Tarot Deck
- Join The Soul Driven Collective
- Davis Carr Website meridiantarot.com Instagram @meridiantarot
- The Hollow Valley Coven
- The Hollow Valley Tarot Kickstarter
- Thea’s Tarot Deck
- Chani Nicholas
- Acyuta-bhava Dasa
- Lindsay Mack
- The Astrology Podcast by Chris Brennan
If you were inspired by today’s episode, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!
And don’t forget, “When we invest in ourselves, the world benefits.”
Until next week!
- “When I found tarot and astrology, I realized that there were systems we could learn and frameworks we could understand in ways to think about the world that led me to developing my intuition and listening to my soul when it was speaking to me.” – Davis Carr
- “Tarot was the first time when I developed a relationship with a tool who would be there for me when I needed them, who I could go to and ask questions of and get feedback and support.”- Davis Carr
- “It never ceases to amaze me the fact that you can sit with this deck and pour your heart out to it, and it listens, and it responds. And the decks that I most treasure and have the closest relationship with are those decks that I’ve really allowed myself to be vulnerable and ask those scary questions.” – Davis Carr
- “I want people to know if they want to work with me, they need to understand my philosophy, my values and my politics and for me, intersectional feminism is a really important part of how I live my life and how I view the world.”- Davis Carr
- “Stay in your own integrity.” – Davis Carr
- “If folks have been curious but intimidated by Tarot, I really encourage you to just try it out and experiment, explore, allow, give yourself a chance to just see how it lands.” – Davis Carr