Welcome back for another Soul Driven Interview! Today’s guest not only allowed me to tackle my questions about breathwork (like why is it so tough, haha), but she also shared her painful and inspiring path to embodiment and uncovering the work she does today.
Meet Jenn Mansell, a Certified Breathwork Facilitator and Somatic Coach, who helps people reconnect with the inner wisdom of their bodies through the power of the breath. Her gift is bringing people together in safe spaces to have deeply transformational experiences that incorporate breathwork, meditation, movement and music.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Jenn‘s childhood story of enduring chronic sickness and discomfort
- How Jenn learned about body healing and detoxification
- Why is it important to establish a relationship with the body
- Jenn‘s discovery of breathwork
- The 2 main types of breathwork
- Why does breathwork feel hard?
- The power of somatic coaching and breathwork
- The reason why it can be difficult for a person to reconnect with their bodies
- Join The Soul Driven Collective
- Leave a Review on iTunes
- Jenn Mansell Instagram @jlmansell
- Jenn Mansell Website
Dr. Stanislav Grof Website stangrof.com
- “Perfectionism is not the same thing has striving to be your best. Perfectionism is the belief that if we live perfect, look perfect, and act perfect, we can minimize or avoid the pain of blame, judgement, and shame. It’s a shield. It’s a twenty-ton shield that we lug around thinking it will protect us when, in fact, it’s the thing that’s really preventing us from flight.” – Brené Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
If you were inspired by today’s episode, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!
And don’t forget, “When we invest in ourselves, the world benefits.”
Until next week!
- “Breathwork has really taught me how to be in the unknown. How to be in the unknown and to find a deep sense of trust that life is supporting our highest creation.” – Jenn Mansell
- “Our mind loves to dominate and control our body or thinks it can, which is like an illusion. The body is doing its own damn thing, and it does what it does when it’s ready. The best thing you can do is get your head out of the way. Stop trying to control it and fix it, and dominate it and change it. Let your body do what it already knows how to do, and give it the support that it needs to keep doing that.” – Jenn Mansell
- “Part of the reason that we float up into our heads and disconnect from our bodies is because we experience big, scary, overwhelming feelings. And we decide that it’s probably safer just to hang out up here. Instead of actually being in our bodies, because that’s where the pain lives and the fear lives.” – Jenn Mansell
- “Our body symptoms are deeply connected with our emotional state – our baggage, the stuff that’s just hanging out unprocessed in our system. It’s like undigested food material, if we don’t take intentional time to digest it, it just piles up and kind of rots away in our system.” – Jenn Mansell
- “When we hold our breath, we can’t feel in the same way because emotions are energy in motion. So we take away the motion.” – Jenn Mansell
- “Breathwork has taught me that your mind will always be resistant to feeling and that we can override the resistance. Sometimes takes a little practice to get better at letting go and get better at surrendering to your body.” – Jenn Mansell
- “Embodiment is important because the leaders that we need on this planet at this time are people who are connected to their hearts, who can feel pain, who can feel shame and who have integrated their past, so that they can show up to create a future in a new way. ” – Jenn Mansell
- “Let your personal journey of growth and healing bring you to your purpose. You can’t just go out and find purpose. Purpose has to come through you, and it comes through your own journey of knowing yourself. Once you’ve taken that journey, you can give back and that will become purposeful.” – Jenn Mansell