Welcome back for another Soul Driven interview! It’s Pride Month and it felt important for me to interview someone from the LGBTQ+ community and give voice to the many difficulties of walking that path in a world that still labels “who they are” as being wrong.
Thankfully, I was given an incredible opportunity by Lauren Lanzaretta, Singer, Songwriter, Musician, and Producer who shared her amazing story of how she learned to embrace her true self and build a personal relationship with God despite the mixed messages of her Christian beliefs. Her story is one of tenacity and confidence, and her transparency blew me away.
I believe you’ll learn a lot from the conversation and I hope you enjoy it! 🌈
- Growing up and going through the challenging social norms of gender identity
- Christianity and homosexuality
- How Lauren’s Thailand experience helped with her own spiritual awakening
- “Coming out of the closet” and living authentically
- Lauren’s process of creating empowering songs of individuality
- The making of the Deliverance albumCreating a welcoming space for the LGBTQ+ community to pursue their relationship with God
- Stream the Deliverance Album
- Connect with Lauren Lanzaretta
- Join “Access the Akashic Records” Workshop July 13th 6:30pm EST
- Use code “SUMMERTIME” for 10% OFF Akashic Soul Readings & Human Design Readings
And don’t forget, “When we invest in ourselves, the world benefits.”
Until next week!
- “My life has been such a journey and there’s so much bleeding from my soul. I am soul-driven by my purpose and I know that all the things I’ve been through in my life have happened for a specific reason.”– Lauren Lanzaretta, @lanzaretta
- “Experiences really make you who you are.” – Lauren Lanzaretta, @lanzaretta
- “It was such a long journey for me to even understand that God wasn’t mad at me. And that His love was unending. There’s nothing I could ever do – and this is in the Bible – that will take the love of God away from me.” – Lauren Lanzaretta, @lanzaretta
- “God is waiting for you. And you’re so important. You’re here for such a purpose.” – Lauren Lanzaretta, @lanzaretta
- “I don’t want to lie about who I am or what I am experiencing. It wasn’t so much ‘coming out’, it was like, ‘I’m not gonna lie to you.’ It’s that simple. Here’s where I’m at in my life. Here’s what I’ve experienced. Why would I lie about it?” – Lauren Lanzaretta, @lanzaretta
- “There needs to be more compassion. There needs to be more understanding. And I just feel like that’s more of my purpose – being able to have a specific message from my specific experiences to reach a very specific audience.” – Lauren Lanzaretta, @lanzaretta
- “I feel like God has a preference, a very special place in His heart for the LGBTQ+ community. I feel like we have a depth, a heart, and a pain that he can use to change the world and show people how to love.” – Lauren Lanzaretta, @lanzaretta
- “Don’t live like the church, live like Jesus.” – Lauren Lanzaretta, @lanzaretta