Welcome back to another Soul Driven episode! This week, we’re talking about REST – what it is, why it’s so hard to do, and why it’s SO important. But we’ll discuss it through a cultural lens by tapping into capitalism, scarcity, and the “hustle” mindset that prevents us from living life at a sustainable pace.
Why do I want to talk about rest? First, it was what I felt guided to discuss. And second, because I believe it’s time we start normalizing rest in our society as a whole.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Ahna’s feelings and experiences during the past eclipse season
- A preview of next week’s 2021 forecast episode
- Different definitions of REST
- The difficulties of REST through a cultural lens
- REST as a privilege
- REST versus the scarcity and hustle mentalities
- Simple ways to practice REST daily
Were you inspired by today’s episode? Leave a comment and leave a review on iTunes and subscribe for weekly shows.
Sign up for the email list to receive podcast updates, meditations and free resources only shared with that community.
And don’t forget, “When we invest in ourselves, the world benefits.”
Until next week!
- “Without taking proper rest, we start getting buggy and weird, we stop working properly, we stop thinking clearly.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivePodcast
- “All of us can take rest if we choose to make it a priority.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivePodcast
- “The hustle mentality can destroy our health, and I would rather have my health than have a bank full of money.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivePodcast
- “Scarcity is not real. It’s an illusion. It’s imagined.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivePodcast
- “We want happiness, contentment and peace, but we can’t have any of those things unless we take rest.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivePodcast
- “When we don’t rest, it’s very difficult to connect with anything spiritually.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivePodcast
- “When we take rest, we’re able to be more present with the people in our lives and to truly connect with ourselves.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivePodcast
- “When we take rest, everything in our world benefits.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivePodcast
- “Rest should be something that we consider to be a necessity for our health, our sanity, our happiness and contentment in this life.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivePodcast