Welcome back to another episode of the Soul Driven Podcast! This week, I’m talking about taking our power back. To be specific, I am sharing about the importance of taking responsibility for ourselves right now. Not sexy, I know. But this is a big lesson I’ve been moving through and one that’s been on my heart to share for a few weeks. It’s time for us to step up, stop waiting on the government, our boss, partner, etc to give us the life we want or to be the change we need.
It’s time to take our power back and create the life, the world, the future we want regardless of what’s happening in our world. We can’t expect our world to change until we’ve done the work first. We can’t expect others to be loving until we are. It ALL starts with us and inside of us. And while that’s not the easiest thing to digest, if we truly want a brighter future, good ole responsibility is the answer.
Every single one of us CAN make a huge difference, but it requires us to become the change we need.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How to take our power back
- Why we should not expect someone else to make everything better
- Why responsibility has taken a huge meaning in our lives
- Our responsibility for ourselves and not pointing fingers
- What does it look like to start taking responsibility, especially in today’s times
- Why we need to take our power back
- How we can create the lives that we dream of
- “The price of greatness is responsibility.” – Winston Churchill
- “99% of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses.” – George Washington Carver
- “You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons or the wind, but you can change yourself.” – Jim Rohn
Once you’ve listened, I’m curious, how will you take your power back? Leave your comments on today’s post or find us on social media @souldrivenpodcast. I’d love to hear from you!
If you were inspired by today’s message, please share this episode and leave a review on iTunes.
Sign up for the email list to receive podcast updates and free tools and resources only shared with that community.
And don’t forget, “When we invest in ourselves, the world benefits.”
Until next week!
- “Do we want to complain about our circumstances or do we want to take our power back?” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivenPodcast
- “We can’t heal this world until we heal ourselves. It all starts in our home, in our body and our mind.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivenPodcast
- “We can’t expect the world to be a better place until we are personally in a better place.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivenPodcast
- “Instead of going outward and trying to fix our physical world, let’s retreat inside of ourselves and start working on our personal lives.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivenPodcast
- “We want the world to change but are we willing to do the same?” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivenPodcast
- “When we take responsibility for our lives, we empower ourselves to create the life that we want to live.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivenPodcast
- “Your life is a precious life, a beautiful life. Take responsibility and create the one that you dream of.” – Ahna Hendrix, @SoulDrivenPodcast